We feel like we’re a great group of people to work with, and as such, we take great pride in building quality relationships with excellent customers.
Last week, KaBOOM! was named one of the Best NonProfit Organizations to Work for in 2010 by The NonProfit Times and Best Companies Group. The annual survey and award program was designed to identify, recognize and honor the best places of employment in the non-profit sector. KaBOOM! was highlighted for its generous compensation packages, benefits and bonus plan, but more importantly, the fact that the organization has a strong culture and playful spirit that contributed to its receipt of this prestigious award.
KaBOOM! recommends the following steps as ways that you can achieve this balance of “serious fun” at your workplace. Here is a list of KaBOOM!’s top 5 tips to get you started:
- Encourage your staff to exchange written thank you notes that highlight a job well done.
- Sponsor monthly social get-togethers during which staff can de-stress and get to know each other.
- Provide monthly team-building activities that will promote creative thinking and playful attitudes.
- Create an uplifting and productive environment with fun-filled décor that prompts staff to think “outside of the box.”
- Give anniversary gifts to recognize your staff as valued team members.
While KaBOOM! is certainly unique in the way that it engages its employees, simple actions like these can really help to boost morale, productivity, communication and cooperation amongst your staff.
Read more about how KaBOOM! works and plays on their website.